Monday, August 23, 2010

The Second Hand Car Market



A bloggers story.

We have to admit that it’s not that convenient to commute in the Philippines. With the pushing and shoving, pollution, and especially the heat, most Filipino people would rather own a car. A car saves time and energy, it is a very big convenience in the Philippines. With the increasing prices of brand new cars, a second hand car is always an option for the budget constraint Filipino. It gets you from point A to B while only spending half the or even less the amount of a brand new car.


History
I have been in the 2nd hand car industry since I was in college. It all started with my dad thinking of getting me a brand new car. It was a very tempting offer, especially when you’re a teenager who thinks of “porma” before practicality. However, I opted to make a deal with my father. I proposed to him, rather than spending the money on a brand new car that will depreciate every year, to lend me the money instead to buy a second hand car. It was my plan instead of buying a brand new car worth 800,000.00 pesos, to buy 2 or even 3 second hand cars instead. It was more practical and with the number coding scheme in the Philippines I was assured of a car to use everyday. Plus cars were always my passion, I wanted to try every car I could get my hands on. So, I started out with a 1995 accord which I used for around 8 months, sold and to my surprise got my money back even after using the car. It was the start of the cycle. I continue to do this to date and have owned more than 80 cars in the span of 4 years. My 800,000.00 pesos has still remained the same and even grew a little through time. Some cars I would lose a little money and some cars I would even make a profit.

80 Cars and Counting
From the experience I gained with the second hand car market, I have noticed that most of my family and friends and even the friends of my friends and so forth usually ask for my advice whenever they plan to get a brand new or second hand car. I think with the chance to own more than 80 cars has given me the experience to know what to look for in a second hand car. Moreover, maintaining these cars educated me on what usually breaks per car model and how much usually has to be spent on getting that 2nd hand car to tip top shape.

Blogging
I plan to blog about the cars that I have owned through the years to help and educate people to make a better judgment on what second hand car to buy and what to look out for. And yes, it makes life easier for me to write it down now rather than explain to my friends all the time about every car and their pros and cons. I plan to write about my experience per car model, the usual things I had to spend on and compare each model with other second hand models and even newer models. I’m also planning to create a car rating guide on how to value a second hand car and rate each model on how satisfied I was when I owned it. I’ll also be writing about things related to the car market, aftermarket parts, accessories, modifying your car, and the likes.

I hope this blogger can help you make a better decision on your next purchase. And maybe next time, I could even help you look at a car you are planning to buy.

Link To My Friends
Here’s a link to my friends in the net. They introduced me to blogging and are trying to teach me ways on how to improve. Read their blogs they have some interesting things to write about.

1 comment:

  1. yes! I rather own a car. A car saves time and energy, it is a very big convenience in the Philippines Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete